Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Retro Art - Girls

One of the most effective advertising campaigns(at least it catches my eye) is the images of women from bygone eras. The first three are Chinese from probably pre WWII.



































































































The next images are about the Pre WWII bygone Japanese time:

I've been looking for this dinosaur in Taipei and Tainan with out any luck, but I found this one in KaoHsiung. Taiwan has a lot of paid phones but they all use phone cards, except this one.


This one accepts 1,5 and 10 NT coins, I was going to call my dorm room but probably no one would answer.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm glad you included pictures on retro art. You are on to a hot fashion trend. I am a big fan of Rosie the Riveter myself and was crushed when the Boeing store stopped selling t-shirts with her images. In the world of fashion it is au current to incorporate vintage fashion pieces with contemporary pieces. In fact, I went to a fun lecture at the Art Institute of Tucson on vintage fashion for modern wear. Fashion sewing pattern collections typically publish some patterns originally from the 30's through 60's. It's fun to look at them and us design details from them.